Employability support for students
Students and recent graduates from host institutions have access to AA2A employability support. Nearly all our hosts are on our 'Enhanced' Employability package which includes a talk on Self-employment
Presentation on Self-employment for students and graduates
The talk shows students why this career and lifestyle choice might work for them and busts the myth that only the most self-motivated graduates are capable of being self-employed. It covers...
- What Self-employment is... and isn't!
- How to 'Register' and deal with the finances
- The 'safety-net' benefits available
- Where to work from
- Where to get support and advice
Last year 92% said they were more likely to register as self-employed once they'd heard the presentation. Here's what some of the feedback from students...
- “Brilliant, clear, simple, with all the scary bits explained”
- “Very informative! Should be compulsory on all BA Art courses”
- “Excellent insight into processes, benefits, support available, many thanks”
- “Great clarification, interesting information, motivating"
AA2A's digital publication
All host institutions also have free access to 'Making it out there'which provides essential career development information, in an easy to read format with over 100 embedded links and suggestions of easy things to do to get started in the artworld. For institutions on our top package, this includes an appendix listing local arts and business support organisations